Friday, September 12, 2008

Another Travel Day

This time it's me. As this is posted, I should be winging my way to a far-off city for a family get-together. I probably won't get a fresh post in until Tuesday. But I put a pile of pre-posts in to pop up for each day with my obsessive couple of stats, which I should double-check for accuracy but I won't. So let's begin...

The Nats are in town for three over the weekend. Checking Washington's record on different days during the years is a bit limiting, as they were the Expos just 4 years ago. Just concerning them as the Nationals I can then cover Septembers 12th, 13th, and 14th in one swoop by saying that for each of those days in their history the Nats have won one game, lost one game, and had a day off in the other year. There.

The Marlins meanwhile have won 4 of their last 5 September 12th games. Unfortunately though, it seems that they have also lost seven of their last eight Friday home games, for a win-loss record this year of 3-8. But the Nats aren't much better, going 4-7 this year in Friday away games.

For more news check the links provided off to the side of this page. Start with FishStripes and work your way down. Here's the schedules/scores...

(Yahoo)(ESPN)(Sportsline)(MLB)(FOX)(CNNSI)

No comments: