Friday, April 25, 2008

Wes Sees Maturity in Marlins Players

"In '06 it wasn't bad, but you could tell they were still kids and just got to the big leagues. This life can definitely have a lot to offer for you, and the more mature you get the more you know how to handle it.

"From what I've been around these guys now, I see when they come to the field they're ready to do what they have to and play. When they leave, they're not sitting back being that little kid again. They got responsibilities at home. They have kids, they have families. They know, 'Hey, I need to keep my head on straight.' That's a big thing I've seen. They've definitely calmed down a lot on keeping their mind on the right track."

ALSO: The Marlins continue to trudge through the courts to get Lloyd's of London to pay on the insurance policy that they had on Alex Fernandez. (SunSentinel)

No comments: