Sunday, April 27, 2008

Marlin Renaissance

(UPDATE: Fixed a link and some words.)

In the process of seeing where this blog shows up in the big search engines (I'm still looking, by the way), I came across a bunch of Marlins blog efforts that I hadn't seen before. Some seem to just reprint news stories, or repost other blogs' entries. But there are a few that had a personality stamp to them; those I'm adding to my blog list.

First is a blog started this year, the full name of which is "Baseball Blog: NL stuff FLA STL", run by dan ("...the only Marlins fan in the world. I keep the faith, since 1997 all of the fire sales and one sided trades have turned people away from the franchise, but I believe in baseball in South Florida.") and Big Dan, thecardsfan ("I am a huge Cardinals fan and have been since I started getting in to baseball despite my father's attempts at brainwashing me with Mets propoganda").

Next is Marlins Homeplate, a pretty straightforward news-and-comment place run by 'Cliff'.

Then comes the Marlins slice of the AOL Sports Blog Fanhouse, where posts from many different commentators that mention the Fish (even barely) get aggregated and remarked-upon.

And now a couple of recommendations from the brothers Sponge of The South Florida Fan Blog - The incompletely-named 'Stupid Things That Rich & Tommy Say' ("incompletely" because in this post blogger Turd Ferguson acutally agreed with what Tommy said); and The South Florida Daily Blog, which is not a Marlins blog although the Marlins are mentioned occasionally, but is a great all-around diary of SoFla life, so I'm putting this in the 'MuchMore' list.

This last one I'm also putting in the 'MuchMore' list, even though it has many good Marlins comments, for the reason it's ultimately a sports-card blog - it's Wax Heaven!

No comments: