Sunday, December 11, 2005

Girardi: "I'm Very Excited"

More quotes from this interview by Newsday's Ken Davidoff: "My job is to get the community to embrace the team by the way we play....I need guys to step up, and I'm going to let them know. The important thing to me is that they know they're accountable to each other, before anyone else. When a clubhouse runs itself, that's the best clubhouse. I will work on that, quickly...My owner wants to win. They've proven that they can do it. No regrets." (Newsday)

MORE QUOTES: "My thought is if you're going to go young, go all young. They can grow together, learn to rely on each other, be accountable. And the competition is good. The competition for the spots is healthy....A big part of my job is making sure that these guys understand that they belong in the big leagues and they can do it. That's going to be my message; that just because you're young doesn't mean you can't play." (StPeteTimes)

No comments: