Friday, July 11, 2008

Getting Close

Chris Volstad will be making his 1st MLB start tonight opposite Eric Stults of the Dodgers. (Yahoo)

The 'getting close' of the headline doesn't refer to the standings or whatever, but to my vacation, which starts tomorrow. I may find a way to log in every now and then, but my other half likes our vacations to be as Internet-free as possible.

I'm trying to use one of Blogger's new gimmicks to time a daily post while I'm cavorting - if it doesn't work then they'l all appear at once, hooray.

Meanwhile here's a silly feature I'm come up with to make it slightly more interesting - the Marlins' historical win/loss records for each day of my trip. On some days around this time of year the All-Star break makes an incursion into the amount of games played historically. For instance, including last night, the Marlins have played only 8 July 10ths in their 16 years of existence. (By the way, the Marlins are now 6-2 on July 10 - Alright!)

So, with that explained, I will now announce that tonight the Fish have a chance to match their July 10th record, as they are now 5-2 in July 11th games. And here's today's scoreboards...

(Yahoo)(ESPN)(Sportsline)(MLB)(FOX)(CNNSI)

P.S. Hey, it worked.

No comments: