Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Willis' Mom Speaks

'Without passing judgment on Willis' guilt or innocence, Harris felt compelled to reach out to her son's fans.

'"I felt like in my heart I owed it to the people in Florida because I just feel like after all the friends I've made, how all the people have treated us, I wanted to say something on behalf of the whole family," Harris said. "In my heart, I'm really sorry and really sad and I'm still in shock. ... Dontrelle just made a mistake."

'"I hope everybody can kind of forgive us," Harris said. "I'm taking responsibility too for what has happened. It'll take a little bit for people to process. That's human nature, but he's still the same loving kid who loves the game and is going to give Florida all he has when he's on the field." (SunSentinel)

No comments: