Sunday, December 10, 2006

Girardi Lets Loose

'Just when you thought you had heard the final word from Joe Girardi on the Marlins comes this unusual revelation: At a recent Dolphins Touchdown Club luncheon, the ousted manager told host Jim Mandich he was uncomfortable with the Marlins' scantily-clad Mermaids performing at games.

'"We have a 7-year-old daughter going to the ballpark," he said. "I don't want to teach my daughter to dress like that or shake her body like that." (The Marlins knew about Girardi's sentiments.)

'Of his firing, Girardi told the audience, "I'm still bitter and I'm still angry and that's probably why I'm not managing. It's hard to fire the Manager of the Year for what he did on the field, so you have to say something else" to discredit him.' (MiamiHerald)

No comments: