Monday, June 06, 2005

Grumblings

"Asked if personnel changes are forthcoming, Loria replied: 'There'll be some things happening, but we'll have to figure it out. I'm sure that the baseball people are looking at what we need to be doing, and I'm sure we'll talk about it.'....

"'Thirty-three hits and 35 men left on base ain't going to get it done,'' said manager Jack McKeon,....'We've been doing this for two years.'....

"'Pitching coach Mark Wiley and I talked about being more aggressive to left-handed hitters and attacking them more,' Perisho said after the lefty-hitting Church delivered the game-winning blow. 'So I went right after him. I got ahead of him, and then I tried to stay in the attack mode, and he got me.'....

"'I got in a little funk there in the seventh, but it was my game, and I don't think I should have been taken out right there,' said Burnett, whose record fell to 3-5. 'But it's Skip's call, and you have got to respect the man.'...." (GoogleMercurynews)

Nats win late in game, which is when they play best. (BaseballMusings)

No comments: