Friday, May 20, 2005

Time For Vacation

My Chunky persona is being forced to take a hiatus, because throughout the entirety of this upcoming 10-day home stand (and a few days afterwards), I will be out in a desert somewhere, trying to survive heat emergencies, and staring at dirt and rocks and rattlesnakes - a trip that was planned and finalized many moons ago by the Chunky wife. I suppose Internet access will not be impossible so I may pop in on occasion, but extensive sessions might be frowned upon.

So, for updated news specific to the Marlins, I suggest clicking on my featured links - and to still make this place more useful (probably more so than usual), I'm linking to each day's basic MLB scoreboards for the duration of the vacation, from a number of different websites. You can access the scores from whichever site you wish, or you can play 'scoreboard speed test' and see who updates the fastest. If the Fish go 11-0, or are on some sort of winning streak, I may continue not to post so as not to jinx anything. But otherwise I'll attempt to return once again to validate the web with my crackpot presence. Have fun.

2 comments:

Mike said...

You are a brave soul. Not for braving the desert, I've done plenty of that in my day - for the "chunky wife" reference. I trust she understands the tie in to the site name. :-)

photi said...

Actually we both got a little chunkier after this time off. And, yes, she understands perfectly (although she may not if she ever actually finds out about this site.) :-)