Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bobby's Shot

'"I've heard it so many times in my career - I have a good, young arm but there are guys with some more experience in front of you," Keppel said. "This is the first year I won't hear that. If guys beat me out, they beat me out, but I feel like I'm capable of earning a starting spot because there's not a lot guys with tenure here."

'Keppel, a non-roster invitee, is getting a shot to show what he can do in spring training and earned the start in today's exhibition opener vs. the University of Miami.

'Keppel, 25 and the veteran of eight spring trainings, said he is ready to start proving he can pitch at the major-league level even though he'll be facing college players today.

'"I hope to show I am capable of pitching and getting guys out," Keppel said.' (PalmBeachPost)

No comments: