Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Things I Piled Into One Post

First, to continue a theme from the last post, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALT! (Geez, I hope I don't make this a habit, but with the posting doldrums of the offseason I may not control myself.)

Second, in a revelation/accusation that unfortunately did not surprise old cynical me, former Marlins head trainer Larry Starr says he started noticing players using steroids way back in 1984, and that "there were some players on the Florida Marlins' team that won the franchise's first World Series in 1997 that used steroids."

Third, in a side story but one that may still involve drugs and unfortunate cynicism, the lead singer of Quiet Riot, who played in the last Super Saturday of this year, was found dead on Sunday.

RETRACTION-ON-NUMBER-TWO: Starr tells the Sun-Sentinel,"I don't know if it was misinterpreted the way I said it or it came out wrong, but I would definitely say the '97 team, there wasn't one guy that really stood out in my mind at all as a possible user." (Damn, all that cynicism gone to waste...)

No comments: