Monday, July 23, 2007

Getting Closer to *History

Will Barry be breaking Aaron's home-run record off a Marlins pitcher this week? Dontrelle seems to be relishing the idea...

'"I told him before that I will pitch to him," Willis said. "If he hits [the record-breaker] off me, I won't be the only person he has ever hit a home run off of. There were some others."

'Willis said he would rather Bonds break the record before the Marlins face him, "but if we win the game and he hits it, then I'll definitely have a good seat for it."' (MiamiHerald)

--------------------

The 'some others' Dontrelle refers to of course includes Marlins pitchers past and present. Which brings us to Trivia Time...

1. Which current Marlins pitcher gave up Bonds' Ruth-passing career homer No. 715 last year? (Answer in here)

2. Which former Marlins pitcher gave up Bonds' 73rd homer of the year 2001? (Answer in here)

No comments: