Thursday, February 15, 2007

Miguel Speaks

"Fans are really important to me, especially the ones from Miami, and I
wouldn't like to ruin my relationship with them due to a
misunderstanding"...

"I'd already separated that date for an appointment related to my father's
health. The Marlins informed me just a week before the festival and I
coudn't cancel my meeting, and that's what I told my agents,"...

"In four years in the major leagues, I've only assisted once at that event
and it was never such a big deal. I don't know what's so different now,"...

"My absence had nothing to do with the pending arbitration, because neither
the Marlins nor me believe in the process. It's purely a business issue and
I understand it perfectly,"....

"I'm not mad with the administration, although I'm a little worried that
Miami fans could now have a distorted image of myself. I'm committed to
doing the best for the team...Moreover, to compensate for my absence, I
promise to assist in every activity the Marlins may organize in the
following days,"...

"I'm in great shape for the start of spring training, because I've been
playing winter ball in Venezuela."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2765995

No comments: