Sunday, August 13, 2006

"I Was Not Fired By Jeffrey Loria."

'"As I told people, we had a lot of internal discussions about the club," Girardi said of the long postgame meeting. "I had discussions about the way we played against L.A. We had internal discussions about where we were going, what we were going to do with [pitcher Logan Kensing, who was hurt in the game]. Who were we going to activate? Who were we going to call up?"

'As for his relationship with Loria, Girardi said: "People say, 'Did we make our peace?' People act like we had a big battle or something. Jeffrey and I have talked." ...

'"My plans are to be the manager of the Marlins," Girardi said. "Now, I live my life day-by-day. As a player, people would say, 'Are you worried about where you'll be next year?' I don't know what is going to happen in my life tomorrow, physically, mentally. I don't know. That's the uncertainty of life. But I plan on being a Marlin. I signed a contract for three years."...

'"We all want to get better," Girardi said. "The important thing for me right now is how we are playing, what we're doing as a club. There is always speculation about what is going on. But the story is the club, and how we've been playing, and how the kids are doing, and how can we improve on what we've done. To me, that's the story."' (MLB)

No comments: